You are here:
Warrington’s location at the heart of England’s North West has played a strong part in its success as an investment location. One of the UK’s top destinations for commercial activity, the town is home to a host of successful companies and well known brands.
Progress on the regeneration and development masterplan, Warrington Means Business, continues apace with development projects in excess of £750 million completed or underway, including the major regeneration and evolution of the town centre.
Why Warrington? Navigating this site you will discover why so many companies have chosen the town as their ideal business location. With strategically located sites and world class business parks such as Birchwood Park and Omega, Warrington is a haven for business growth and investment.
EY 2018 UK Attractiveness Survey
- Warrington ranked 2nd to Manchester in the North West for attracting overseas inward investment, and ranked in the top 20 UK locations
Centre For Cities 2018
- Eighth highest in the UK in terms of the number of private to public sector jobs. Nationally it is the only urban economy in the North to feature in the top 10.
- Sixth in table ‘Cities and jobs likely to see an increase in demand to 2030’in the UK, the only city in the North of England in the top 10 and it ranked higher than London who was placed ninth.
- Has the highest GVA in the North of England with an average of £49,400.
UK’s Best Place to Live – Channel 4 2017
- 2nd best place to live in the UK
Centre For Cities 2017
- Is one of only 14 cities defined as ‘high wage, low welfare’ and the only city in the North of England
- Has the highest employment rate in the UK with 79.8% in employment
- Has the third highest business growth in the UK (only bettered by Aberdeen and London)
- Is the best performing city in the North West
- Ranks 5th and 13th highest for school qualifications. It is 5th highest for to GCSE results incl Maths and English and 13th for high level qualifications
- Has 98% of 16 and 17 year olds in education or training – 2nd highest in the UK
Centre for Cities 2016
- Warrington ranked as one of the top ten locations best placed to drive national growth (the only top ten location outside the south of England
- Warrington ranked in the UK top ten for SME digital, creative and professional services