You are here:
Warrington’s location at the heart of England’s North West has played a strong part in its success as an investment location. One of the UK’s top destinations for commercial activity, the town is home to a host of successful companies and well known brands.
Progress on the regeneration and development masterplan, Warrington Means Business, continues apace with development projects in excess of £750 million completed or underway, including the major regeneration and evolution of the town centre.
Why Warrington? Navigating this site you will discover why so many companies have chosen the town as their ideal business location. With strategically located sites and world class business parks such as Birchwood Park and Omega, Warrington is a haven for business growth and investment.
- Warrington is one of only 14 cities in the UK defined as “high wage & low welfare” (the only city ranked in the North of England) – Centre for Cities 2016
- Warrington ranked as one of the top ten locations best placed to drive national growth (the only top ten location outside the south of England) – Centre for Cities 2016
- Warrington outperforms all other northern locations in terms of start-up businesses – Start-Up Britain Tracker
- Warrington is the 5thhighest listed UK location for economic growth – JLL “The New Geography for Office Demand – Where Next in the UK” 2015
- Warrington ranked in the UK top ten for SME digital, creative and professional services – Centre for Cities 2016
- 3,500+ jobs within the nuclear energy sector cluster
- Eighth most popular office location in the UK – Office Broker
- 17 HQ offices out of the NW top 200 companies (on par with Liverpool)
- 5 million population with 30 min drive time of Warrington
- 700,000 people working in senior, management of professional roles living within 30 min commute of Warrington
- 160,000+ higher education students located in the region
- Development projects with a total investment value worth c. £750 million within growth framework “Warrington Means Business”