A number of Local Authorities and Education Clients from across the region recently attended a site visit to hear of the success of the NWCH Warrington Incubator, The Base and UTC projects.
The purpose of the visit was to promote the NWCH framework with both new and existing clients by showcasing the procurement journey and benefits of utilising the framework.
John Laverick from Warrington and Co spoke of the benefits that the NWCH brought to The Base including:
• A quick, effective and reliable route using previously vetted, tried and tested contractors.
• Reduction in risk for the Council by using the framework
• Provided confidence that contractors had the right experience having already gone through a thorough PQQ process
• Solved procurement and timeframe issues
• Provided considerable added value in regards to sustainability and social value outputs
James Backhouse, Vice Principal of the UTC praised the collaborative approach of the contractor, and the relationship he had developed which ensured that the finished building was perfect for students and teachers.