The Time Square scheme is a £107 million retail and leisure-led development that is being carried out by Warrington Borough Council to revitalise the traditional retail heart of Warrington’s town centre and Bridge Street area.
When completed in 2019 the scheme will create a new family-friendly shopping, restaurant and leisure experience that will have a newly developed, contemporary market hall and a state-of-the-art multiplex cinema at its heart.
The scheme is one of the most significant projects in the “Warrington Means Business” regeneration framework and is being driven and delivered by Warrington & Co. on behalf of Warrington Borough Council with development manager Muse Developments.
Key components of the Time square scheme will include:
• A new state-of-the-art, 13 screen multiplex let to Cineworld, incorporating a Superscreen.
• A newly constructed, contemporary market building creating a new, vibrant, leisure and shopping destination that sits at the heart of the town centre.
• A range of new leisure facilities – attracting nationally and regionally recognised operators that will bring a wide range of exciting family leisure options.
• A new 103,000 sq. ft. office and administrative facility that will be occupied by Warrington Borough Council.
• A public square that will provide an ideal location for events, pop up retail opportunities and leisure activities.
• A new 1,160 space multi-storey car park to serve the scheme.
Work began on site on the scheme with the demolition of the former Time Square area and local contractor CPUK were appointed to construct the first element of the Bridge Street Quarter Regeneration Scheme – the retail unit that will temporarily house the market hall.
Warrington market moved into this temporary location in 2017 whilst the new, permanent £10 million 31, 150 sq. ft. covered market hall is being constructed. The new market building will open in 2019.
Construction of the new 1,160 space multi-storey car park completed November 2017.
When the whole Time Square scheme is fully completed in 2019 it will create up to 400 construction jobs and 400 new permanent jobs in the leisure, retail and restaurant sectors.
For further information please contact Mitch Poole at Warrington & Co. firstname.lastname@example.org